CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

In need of ideas

For some reason I am having yet another night that I just can't get to sleep. I do not know if it is just the excitement of all the visitors today or what. I did have my ambien a little over an hour ago and here I am still wide awake at almost 2 in the morning. Anyways, I know I have posted on here numerous times about how great the nurses in the high risk department are to me. They really go over and beyond to make sure I am doing good. One nurse even came in this afternoon and told me to be ready for a pedicure/manicure tomorrow. They are just so sweet that I really want to do something special for them. I had thought about a deli or fruit tray but soon realized that not all the nurses would be able to enjoy it since some work the beginning of the week and others the ends of the week. So, what I am asking for is suggestions on how I can show my appreciation to all of the high risk ob nurse staff. I do not want to leave anyone out since they all have been so great. If you have any ideas for me please let me know. Either leave a comment or email me at hmthomas502@gmail.com. I really want to get something for them before Christmas.

Also, I know I keep mentioning this but it is really important to Phillip and me. Please pray for the lung development of our son. We are not specifically praying that on Monday when the high risk doctor comes to do the amnio that the little one's lungs will be mature enough for induction to begin on Monday night or Tuesday at the latest. I know that the Bible tells us to pray specifically for what we want so that is the specific request we have. We also realize that the Bible states that everything happens on God's time and not ours. We do have faith in God and we do fully trust him in whatever his plan is. We thank each of you for joining in with us to pray for our little one. I promise it won't be long and I will no longer have to call him the little one and I will be able to tell his beautiful name. Hopefully that will be this week but if not next week. Thank you for all the prayers you guys have sent up for us so far and for adding our names to your prayer lists at your churches. The prayers are working as I can see a tremendous improvement in my blood pressures and blood sugars since I have started asking for the prayers. Also, I know God is answering the prayers that we all are sending up because the nurse I had last weekend did not expect me to still be here this weekend. She came in last weekend when my liver enzymes began to creep up and told me that they had never had anyone's levels to stop going up or get better until delivery. She came back in this morning and said that my levels not only have held to what they were but are actually improving. This to me shows the power of prayer. Without all of the prayers I do believe that the liver enzymes and protein levels would have continued to increase and an emergency delivery could have been needed. God is taking care of Phillip, the little one, and me in many different ways that most of you do not even know. I am giving him all of the glory because without him I do not know where we would be today. Of course when we found out I was pregnant we were expecting me to work up until the day I went into labor and had planned for that. What we were not expecting was for me to be out of work an extra month before delivery where I cannot work. God has truly blessed us and we have faith that he will continue to meet our needs while I am out of work. Again, thank you for the prayers and I will update tomorrow if we receive any new news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well......about ideas. How about a personalized card? You do have the time :). You are right about the deli tray, unless you did one for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift.

I am so glad to hear that you are waiting on the amnio instead of letting these dr.'s induce you. Everyday that little boy is in the womb, his lungs are maturing. You guys are going ot be such great parents!!!!

Prayers are still going strong here, and we love you guys!!

momma said...

i'll check with my mother in law (she's a nursery nurse at stanly) to see if she's got any good ideas and i'll comment back later.

as always, still praying!!!