Today we were finally discharged from the hospital after 36 days. While I was very happy to be coming home I will very much miss all the great nurses in the high risk ob area. They were all so wonderful to me, Phillip and Brentley. We got to see all of the nurses with the exception I think of three that have taken care of us over the past month after I had our precious little one. Nurses even came in today on their day off to see us before we were discharged and one nurse came in early for her shift to see us off today. It was sad leaving them and it almost brought tears to my eyes but I am very thankful to be home. Brentley has been so good today. Last night was a very long night. Since having him I have had a terrible upper back ache and headache. The doctor thinks it is probably muscle spasms from being in the bed and the positions I had to lay in the 28 hours I was in labor. Yes, that is right 28 hours of labor. Most of those I couldn't move very much because of the epidural. The epidural was the best thing ever, but as most of you know once you have it you can't move around freely because you can't feel anything waist down.
Anyways, before we left the hospital today we had a lot to get done. Brentley had to have all kinds of test run to make sure he was healthy enough to be sent home. He was also circumsized this morning. I think the tylenol they gave him after that knocked him out most of the day. All of his test came back great and now he will just have to see his pediatrician on Wednesday for his first real doctors appointment. I will have to go back on Friday just to have my blood pressure checked and to take my blood sugars to the doctor to look over. They did end up sending me home on both insulin and blood pressure medication. My blood sugar level have been great so far today so hopefully the diabetes was only pregnancy induced and hopefully it has corrected itself now. Well, I have so much that needs to be done at the house but I will update you all more tomorrow. If you happen to call the house and we don't answer please realize that either we are sleeping or that we are very busy. Once things calm down a bit we will return calls and answer the phone. We are still trying to get adjusted to everything right now and the phone is the last thing on our minds right now. I will try to get pictures uploaded to snapfish or another picture program tonight and I will try to get them posted tomorrow. Hopefully the meds they gave me for the headaches will work wonders and I can get some things done tomorrow.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Home at last
Posted by hollieandphillipsbaby at 10:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
all you need to do today (tuesday) is REST!!! i know you are glad to be home!
Girl, forget the phone and Snapfish!!! Sleep when he sleeps and if you are breast-feeding drink LOTS of water.
I am glad to hear your sugar has come down, hopefully it was only Gestational and it will not be something you will have to deal with for the rest of your life.
Turn off the phone!!! I mean it, post a sign on the door when you & Brentley are going to lay down. Trust me, company will get on your nerves fast!!!!!!
I love you & if you need anything call me......
Melissa
Hi Hollie...I know you and Phillip are glad to be at home with Brentley. Hope your back is better today and the headache gone. You are such a good mommie (I don't know anything you are not good at).I am so proud of you and Phillip. Get some rest. Love and Prayers. Grandma Betty
Post a Comment